Monday, January 28, 2013

The fight over the charitable tax deduction is a red herring | PHILANTHROPY 2173

The fight over the charitable tax deduction is a red herring | PHILANTHROPY 2173: The fight over the charitable tax deduction is a red herring
The following post went "live" on December 17, 2012 by accident, because I had mistakenly mis-set the posting function from "Draft" to "Post." I took it down because what went live really was a draft - I spent several days rewriting it. I'm re-posting it now because, for a variety of reasons, I'm not getting any further on my intended re-write and didn't want to lose this set of thoughts completely.
(Lucy Bernholz, January 24, 2013)

******
A recent report found Harvard University paid its money managers (of which there are fewer than 100) more than it paid its arts and science faculty (of whom there are 450).This led several wise-cracking Twitterers to note that Harvard had become "A giant hedge fund with a little school attached."

No comments: